All of us want our eyelash extensions to last as long as possible, right? We want you to love your lashes and to retain a beautiful set as long as possible. The biggest factor in lash extension life is the aftercare. Here are some helpful tips that we recommend you follow to help extend your lash retention!
- Avoid water for the first 24 hours. That means no showering. Eyelash extensions, once properly cured, become relatively waterproof.
- 24-48 hours after -Avoid steam rooms, saunas and steam facials
- Don't: Use cotton on the lashes, as the fibers will attach to the extensions.
- Remove all eye makeup daily.
- Brush your lashes with a disposable mascara wand every day.
- Wash and rinse lashes daily with a lash cleanser(after the first 24 hours).
- Don't: rub, pull or scratch your lash extensions. Doing so could permanently damage your natural lashes.
- Don't: use oil based products around your eyes, such as heavy eye creams or makeup. Powder eyeliner is recommended. Only use water-based makeup remover(oil free) and oil-free / glycol-free cleanser.
- Don't: use an eyelash curler on your lash extensions.
- Don't: Get your lashes directly in heat's way – if you are baking and open up the oven, let the heat come out first. Steam from a very hot shower, steam rooms, saunas and steam facials should also be avoided.
- Avoid sleeping on your face
- Dispense cleanser on a clean, wet brush.
- Using circular motions gently glide your brush around the upper and lower lids.
- Using sweeping motions, glide your brush through the lashes to remove any makeup residue or debris.
- Rinse using clean, cool water.
- Use a towel to blot dry.
- When dry, brush through with a clean mascara wand.